Monday, August 3, 2009

Good News and Even Greater News!

Well, to start off, the good news is that I got a promotion at work! Yea! I am now Senior Staff Accountant at SNB and received a 20% raise! I really thought that was impossible since our bank currently has a salary freeze on each employee, due to the economy. But, it is really good for our family, especially while James is going to school (starting in mid-August!). So, if James realizes he can't work full-time with school, then we will still have enough money to make ends meet. So, I received that news on Friday, July 31...
And, the even greater news is that James and I had our one-year anniversary, Sat. Aug. 1! We had a lot of fun! Saturday morning, we decided to go to the temple for a little bit. We wanted to remember the covenants we made with each other when we were sealed for time and all eternity. It was a really great experience. Then, we went to Best Buy and bought a new digital camera for each other as an anniversary present. We ended up going to the mall to get my wedding rings soldered together. We also adjusted James' glasses. With his motorcycle helmet, it's a bit harder to keep them aligned.
These two pics show the fake ring we bought at Wal-mart while we're waiting for my rings to finish. It's actually a pretty close resemblance of my actual engagement ring! Imagine that! We could've saved tons by getting a $10 ring from Wal-mart! but, I like the way my real ring sparkles a little bit more....

We spent the rest of the day by going out to dinner at Chili's (I know, I know, but it really sounded good at the time, AND I couldn't resist the 2 for $20 deal!); going to a movie at the Warren, and staying the night at Bricktown in the Renaissance Hotel (thanks to mom and dad Scifres! :-)


This pic below shows the remains of one of the best desserts at Chili's! It's the White Chocolate Molten Cake. It just might be even better than the regular Chocolate Molten Cake. It was so yummy, with a strawberry glaze on the bottom, white cake, with vanilla ice cream, all smothered in warm white chocolate sauce. My mouth is watering right now.....



We saw The Proposal at the Warren. It was absolutely wonderful! Sandra Bullock still looks gorgeous! I am quite jealous of her!


This is us, walking the streets of Bricktown...it was nice...

This is the hotel, the bed was so nice! We loved everything about our room!

....and on that note...I think it's time for bed! Yawn! I'm so tired!!!

5 comments:

Dina said...

YAY! An Update! Love the pics! I can tell you are already enjoying your new camera! And Congrats again on the job promotion! love ya!

Coty said...

Ah, it's always nice to be pleasantly surprised in the financial department!!!
Oh, and Happy Anniversary...sounds like it was a good one!

Rachel Teran said...

Loving that last picture..... haha. But seriously, congratulations on the promotion! That's fantastic! And Bricktown is fabulous. :) Happy Anniversary sister!

Aubrey said...

Hey you changed your blog and I can finally comment! Woohoo. Now you just need to give us an update.

Shawnee Scifres said...

Wow Rachel we’re we friends this long ago??