Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Michigan Trip

Alright, we figured it was about time for another post. This past weekend, my family, James, and I all went to Michigan for Memorial weekend. It was a lot of fun. The first night we stayed at my Grandpa's in Holt, which is close to Lansing. Then, the last two nights, we stayed at a house in Glen Arbor located in the Homestead Resort & Spa. It was a lot of fun! We missed Jared, Karri , and Logan, but we know there were good reasons for why they all couldn't make it. Here are a few pics from the trip:This is a cute pic of Emmi. She has the cutest smile!





This is Nate (and me in the background) at Grandpa's house! We're in the driveway, I think we're on our way to Glen Arbor.

This is the dining room. Matthew's walking and I'm in the background. The back door out of the kitchen led to the patio with a grill and an awesome view!





This is a video of Emmi wanting food (or water..can't remember). Christine taught her sign language at a very young age and she kind of made up her own sign language in the process. James thought it was cute that she claps her hands whenever she wants something. (whether its food or a drink)...pretty cute!

James and I are in the room we stayed in at the house. It was so relaxing! Since Nichole, Nathan, James, and I beat Josh and Dina and Christine, we got to pick what rooms we wanted to sleep in. It was really awesome!



This was too funny not to post. This is Josh sucking on his thumb while he's sleeping. Isn't this a cute pic?

This is a cute pic of Stirling skipping rocks (And, yes, it does looks likes he's dancing) Christine, are you sure he doesn't take ballet lessons?

This is a video of the boys skipping rocks:


Oops! This is a video of Matthew falling down! It's still cute though! He's so cute! (sorry, I know I'm using that word a lot in this blog)

This is a short video showing our sand dune trek. It was definitely a workout. It was all fun and games on the way down. But, the way up was a different story. It was awful! Nichole went down with me. But, she managed to do pretty well, even though she's preggers. Josh, James, Christine were the first to go down and actually touch edthe bottom and reached Lake Michigan. Nichole and I eventually decided to go down cause it looked like a lot of fun. We got about 3/4 of the way down and Christine and James told us to head back. It was not worth it! So, we took their advice (and all the other tortured-looking people slowly crawling back up the dune) and started to head back up.

Well, that's it for now. I'm getting kind of tired and I have work tomorrow! I haven't worked in five days! Crazy! Oh well, it was a nice break. I'll write some more later and probably post some more pics.

1 comment:

Dina said...

YAY!!! A Post! And you did it faster than me! Go Shawnee! Cute pic and videos! I am so happy that we got to see you guys! It was A LOT of fun! Love ya!